Here is a list of the information that you will need to complete the home loan application; plus the supporting documentation CBTx will need to process your loan application:
- Two forms of ID for each applicant (drivers license; SS card; passport; CHL permit; military ID). At least one form must be a photo-ID.
- Employment History
- For the last two years, employment dates, addresses, gross salary (monthly)
- Current pay stubs (covering the last 30 days)
- The last 2 years' W-2 forms
- Bank/ Credit Union Account Information
- Bank name; account number; account type (checking, savings, etc.); and current balance for each account.
- Last 2 months' statements for each account; all pages of each statement.
- Investment Account Information (if applicable)
- Investment company or advisor's name and address; current balance in the account(s).
- Last 2 months' statements; or copies of stock certificates (if applicable).
- Retirement Plan
- 401K or 403B plans: Approximate vested balance in the account.
- IRA or Roth IRA accounts: Plan name (bank or investment) and current balance.
- For all types: Copy of latest account statement; all pages please.
- Liabilities and Other Non-Mortgage Debt
- Creditors' names, addresses, account numbers
- Monthly payments and approximate balances
- For a child-support or alimony payer, provide a copy of the court order (divorce decree) showing the amount of your payment.
Other income information you may need
- If you're self-employed
- Last two filed tax returns, both personal and business (if applicable), including all schedules and W-2 forms; signed and dated.
- If your loan will close after the normal filing deadline (April 16th) and you have not filed personal and/or business returns by the closing date, please provide a copy of your request for extension and a profit and loss statement with balance sheet for most recent year end.
- If you have income from commissions, overtime, bonus; notes receivable; rental property; or interest/dividends
- Please provide your last two filed personal federal tax returns; with all schedules; signed and dated.
- If employed in family business
- Personal federal income tax returns and all schedules for the past two years; signed and dated.
- If you choose to disclose income from child support or alimony
- Complete executed divorce decree; must have the judge's signature and evidence of filing.
- Evidence of receipt of this income for the past 12 months; can be a printout from the AG's office or copies of your bank statements for the past 12 months.
If you own real estate and ...
- If you've sold your home but not closed:
- A copy of the sales contract
- If you've sold your home, closed, and you will use the proceeds for your new down payment:
- A copy of the Closing Disclosure (CD) from the home sale
- If you have property(ies) that you are retaining, please provide
- A copy of the most recent tax statement and insurance invoice (if applicable) for each retained property.
- Is their financing on this property? Please provide the lender name, account number, payment, and current balance.
If you're refinancing your home
- A copy of your most recent mortgage statement (if applicable)
- If you don't escrow for insurance and taxes, please provide a copy of the most recent tax and home insurance statements.
- A copy of the survey (showing boundary lines and all improvements).
If you're buying a home
- Sales contract with all addenda; signed and dated by all parties.
- If a source of your down payment is a gift:
- Name, address and relationship of donor; and amount of the gift.
- Gift funds must be verified in both the donor's account (before the gift transfer) and recipient's account (after the transfer).
For Construction Financing
- Signed builder contract with cost breakdown.
- House plans showing elevations (from all sides) and floor plan; plus the specifications ("spec sheet").
For FHA Financing
- Social Security card for each applicant is required. Please contact the nearest Social Security office if you don't have a card.
For VA Financing
- DD214 (Member Copy #4) and Certificate of Eligibility (COE). If you don't have a COE, we can usually obtain it electronically.